Lenovo notebooks come with Factory Recovery Disks creation software. This allows you to create recovery disk in case you want to re install the notebook other than from the local hard disk. You can create the recovery discs on CD/DVD, memory disk or USB hard disk.
Attention: The USB hard disk will be formatted and you loose all the data!
It takes a long time to prepare the creation of the recovery media. Everything is copied into c:\swshare before then it gets copied to the external source you selected.
You can do this only one time! If you want to create the recovery disks more than once, you get a message:
You can have only one copy of the Microsoft Windows operating system. The Product Recovery Media Creator will exit now.
This is the workaround for this problem:
All you need it in the Lenovo_Recovery disk. In my case its drive letter Q:\
If i click on this drive in the explorer it show you nothing cause the content is hidden!
1. Open the Explorer and then click Organize -> Folder and search options
2. In window Folder Options click tab View
3. Now enable Show hidden files, folders, and drives and then click OK
4. Click on the Lenovo_Recovery drive, in my case drive Q:\
5. Here is every thing needed to create the recovery disks!
6. Edit the file FactoryRecovery\service_done.ini
7. Change the string DONE=1 to DONE=0 and exit the editor saving the changes
8. You can now recreate the Factory Recovery Disks
Have fun, always backup data before restoring any disks!