Today i wanted to connect to Windows Server 2008 via Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) and i failed cause my RDP Client (mstsc.exe) has no Network Level Authentication.
And then in the RDP Client click on [About].
To activate Network Level Authentication you need to have at least Version 6.0 otherwise this method doesn't work. If you still have Windows XP like me then you need SP3.
1. Start regedit.exe
2. In the navigation to registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
3. Right-click Security Packages, and then click Modify.
4. In the Value data box, add tspkg. Leave any data that's already there and then click OK.
5. In the navigation to registry subkey:
6. Right-click SecurityProviders, and then click Modify.
7. In the Value data box, add credssp.dll. Leave any data that's already there and then click OK.
8. Exit Registry Editor.
You need to restart your computer in order the changes to take effect.